Tuesday 26 July 2022

Medal of Honor: Frontline Review

Decent enough game in the series but I can't help but feel like Allied Assault overshadows this game. AA controls better, let's you save anywhere built into the game and let's you reload manually.

I do enjoy this game but mainly because I like the level design, weapon feel and enemy damage animations. They are as solid as ever but the game still controls awkwardly and due to the other above mentioned issues. I also played on easy since I feel this game is a hitscan game that has no checkpoints in the levels at all means the game is more fun when you can take more hits and you don't need to memorize the level and know every single enemy and medkit location to beat them. I get the appeal that can have but I am not really into that style of combat, I just prefer to blast my way through without needing to memorize everything. The last level was annoying due to how stingy the game was when it came to medkits, rocket enemies are cumbersome since they do high damage and you have to hope you can move fast enough to avoid it.

Also, the port of this game on 7th gen systems is a rather lazy one, it's just Frontline with iron sights and that's it, nothing else.

Worth playing, if you like the series but if you never were into it or this style of shooter in general, just pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment