Thursday 21 July 2022

Demon Turf Review

The game is good overall but I think this might be the first 3D platformer that is over 20 hours I ever played, and I was really starting to feel it by the end. It's cool that the game has so much content but man I was really starting to get worn out by the time I beat the Turf 4 boss. I get the return trip levels as an idea on paper, by the time I got done all of the return trip levels on Turf 2, I was starting to get more and more irritated that after every boss, I have to do the remixed levels. That and the amount of times I missed a platform by a few inches because Beebz can't ledge grab started to aggravate the shit out of me. That and the slo mo power really feels super imprecise. You want to aim at specific spot but the bubble will just go where ever it feels like. I also don't get why on earth movement deadzone is so high as the default option.


I also like the checkpoint system, but at the same time, it feels like during the harder levels you really need foresight because you could waste all them early on and not even knowing what lies ahead. I still think it's a cool concept, I might prefer a traditional checkpoint system but this system beats the crap out of lives.

Might as well transition to the good, a lot of the levels are pretty good, and a very enjoyable to get through. The Return Trip levels despite somewhat feeling like padding, I do think was a cool way of reusing content and it was nice to use your new power after beating a boss on the remixed levels. The bosses and combat are pretty decent even if I do think the 3D Raymans do what this game does combat wise but better. I also think the moveset you have is pretty cool too even if I mainly just used 3 because I am a noob and not a speedrunner which this game is aimed towards. Overall, if you want a good 3D platformer to play, try this one out. I'd give this an 8 but the length lowers it to a 7 because some of the flaws became more apparent the more I played it. It's great that Crash 4 started this crazy as hell 3D platforming revival. Looking forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment