Tuesday 22 February 2022

Call of Duty: United Offensive Review

CoD United Offensive might be even worse than CoD3. This game was mostly a chore to play, everything I dislike about CoD in one package where the other games including 3 to some extent can be entertaining junk food games, this game was mostly boring.

The amount of times I was told to blow up a tank was so numerous that I think the devs ran out of steam quick. But yeah, if a CoD game was on Veteran even on Normal Difficulty then this would be it. The game makes it painstakingingly obvious that this game is super scripted. What made it tolerabe in a lot of the CoD games was the regenerating health, with finite health it is easy to just get killed over and over again. If there was no quick saving, I wouldn't have been able to beat it.

I heard the Russian Campaign was the best but I actually prefer the British Campaign due to the whole you being blown out of a plane and then joining up with a resistance movement. The Russian Campaign was taking back Stalingrad which was done better in other CoDs. So much of the game is run in, get shot, or hope you don't get and get to the next objective.

Every time I died in the later parts of the game, a huge part of me was wondering why the fuck didn't FEAR's system of letting you hold medpacks never became industry standard for games with hitscan combat? And fuck vehicle sections with no regen health.

If people ever say CoD Ghosts is the worst in the series, I will tell them to play this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment