Monday 13 December 2021

Serious Sam 4 Review

Outside of it's bad optimization and a little too many cutscenes, I think this is my 2nd favorite game in the series. I prefer it over 3 and TFE. The weapons are some of the most satisfying in the entire series. It doesn't rely on hitscan as much as SS3 does, on top of that the early levels are actually fun where SS3 gets good halfway through. I even did some of the side quests but they seem kind of like a waste since the items you get don't get to use in the final part of the game. 

Dual wielding awesome, all though I prefer to do it with some more than others. Pistols, shotguns, are the best to dual wield with. And the alt fire on the Laser Gun just devastes the shit out of enemies.

When it comes to the sheer number of enemies on screen, I don't think the new Doom games really compare. The amount of enemies that are populating the screen is just crazy and there's so many different types of enemies too.

The music is also my favorite in the series as well. Love the ambient tracks here as well as the remixed Cathedral theme. The sheer amount of guns that are in this game is kind of crazy to me as well.

I don't think I played a game that gave you so many guns to use since maybe Resistance 3 or a Ratchet and Clank game. I am surprised by how much I liked this game considering all the bad things I heard about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment