Tuesday 21 December 2021

Metroid Dread Review

Pretty good game, could be my GOTY overall. All though not going to lie, the game's structure caught me off guard, I kept going around in circles for hours because I had a hard time figuring where to go but then it "clicked" and I knew where I was going with the occasional stump. It did catch me off guard, I was expecting to find tons of random stuff and secrets but the game was secretly bottlenecking me to go to a specfic places. But other than that, the bosses and controls all felt great. The best Metroid has ever been. 

Two things that did bug me was the EMMI killing due to the aiming controls and the amount of times you fight the Chozo Soldiers but those are minor. 

The homage to Metroid Prime at the end was cool too. The story felt like it was doing heavy amounts of retconning. Like the Chozo being alive, or how Samus is actually a Metroid or something. That and I kind of felt like they could've dived into Samus inner struggle like Fusion did but that would've most likely slowed the pace down. 

Give a 3D Metroid now, already played 3 2D games now. Don't want Other M to be the last of 3D Metroid lol. Though Prime 4 seems to be heading into Duke Forever territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment