Friday 10 December 2021

Halo Infinite Review

Its a pretty good game overall, not sure where this ranks in terms of the rest of the series but I say I prefer it over 2 and 5 at least. I predicted the open world was going to be like The Evil Within 2 and Gears of War 5 and it was basically just that. I didn't mind. That and the open world parts made my PC dip in fps so having those linear level broke up the pace. 343 did a great job with weapon feel like they always do. All though, some weapons I did use more than others. The Shock Rifle I preferred over the Disruptor. The Sentinel Beam felt way too powerful and the Covenant Carbine felt way better than the Plasma Pistol. The Boss fights were kind of lame as expected. They are better than Halo 2's if you can call it a complement. The story I actually found to be one of the better in the series. Its on par with Halo 4 for me. I liked the Pilot, and Chief and Cortana 2.0 had some charming and solid interactions. The villains were monologuing narcissists like always. Definitely one of the better new releases this year. Also another issue is that the game made you do those battery puzzles and 3 of something a little too much but it wasn't too bad.

Now, I feel 343 should just make single expansions instead of make a new mainline game. Whats here already works really well. Would be a shame to rebuild from scratch. They should do what Valve tried to do with the Half Life 2 expansions. Worked well for Doom Eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment