Wednesday 19 January 2022

Perfect Dark Zero Review

I prefer it over the original game. Don't get me wrong, it has it's issues and it being a 360 launch title probably didn't help it but I feel PDZ does more interesting things and is more memorable. The controls while not amazing at least doesn't rely on auto aim nearly as much. The soundtrack is better and the levels towards the end of the game when Carrington is introduced are actually pretty enjoyable. I like the jungle, bridge and the outpost assault. They did feel sort of big and large in how you are treversing so much ground. What makes me prefer this game over the original is that it doesn't give you a game over because you didn't know exactly what the script wanted you to do. The 2nd level almost felt like a Hitman game to me. Other issues is how you get knocked back every time you are shot and the AI is terrible. The story and writing is worse than the N64 game but to me that is a minor gripe. It sucks they never made another game after this because it feels like they could've made a geniunely good game after what they learned with Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment